June 4, 2010

sesame noodles with tofu steaks and bok choy

I just read an article in the New York Times magazine that basically implied that cookbooks are way passé . I don't get it. I love my cookbooks. They are sources of inspiration and they get me out of cooking ruts. True, you can look up any recipe on the internet, but you need to know what you want in the first place and then you need to wade through all of the mediocre looking recipes. Quality food blogs are definitely a great middle ground, but they can't entirely replace cookbooks, at least not for me, because uhhhh... sometimes its nice to not look at a computer?

Just the other evening I was feeling a little uninspired by spring produce. I pulled out my two favorite seasonally focused cookbooks "A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen" by Jack Bishop and "Fresh Food Fast: Delicious Seasonal Vegetarian Meals in Under an Hour" by Peter Berley. I paged through the recipes and eventually landed on "sesame noodles with tofu steaks and baby asian greens" in "Fresh Food Fast." Yay for mouth watering inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment