March 23, 2013

green chile and goat cheese quiche

2013.03_green chile and goat cheese quiche
Green chile and goat cheese is such a perfect combo!  I sometimes forget.  Luckily I have Eric around to remind me.  He ordered a pizza this week with green chiles and goat cheese on it and at the time I was like "really?" but he was right.  And then I got obsessed so I made this quiche.  Tomorrow we'll be having soft tacos filled with black beans, green chiles and goat cheese.  Good thing our freezer still contains many green chiles from the summer.

Crust Ingredients:
1 3/4 c. flour (223 g)
3/4 t. salt
1/2 c. canola oil
1/4 c. cold water

Filling Ingredients:
5 eggs
1/2 c. almond milk
3/4 c. green chiles, roasted, skinned, seeded
3 oz. chevre goat cheese
1/4 onion, diced, carmelized
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper

Mix up the crust ingredients.  Spread the dough out in a cast iron skillet or pie pan to form a crust.  Mix the filling ingredients and pour it over the crust.  Bake at 375 for 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment